My Peeps

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

and the winner is.....

I just read something on Yahoo! written by David Zinczenko and Matthew Goulding in regards to the most unhealthy foods that you can get at food establishments in the US right now. The one I must share with you is from Baskin-Robbins.

According to The Yahoo! article Baskin-Robbins also topped the charts last year. Instead of taking the bad press to heart and removing last years gluttonous treat, they did the American consumer one better.

They made it even worse.

Last years creation was a Heath Bar shake of some sorts totalling around 2300 calories.

Child's Play my friends, child's play... This years life expectancy shaver is called The Large Chocolate Oreo Shake and here's how this bad boy weighs in:

2,600 calories
135 g fat (59 g saturated fat, 2.5 g trans fats)
263 g sugars
1,700 mg sodium

I have a question: Who the fuck drinks this shit? You could consume an ENTIRE 18 oz package of Oreos and only scarf down about 2400 calories.

I would love to walk into a BRICF (Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream Facility) and stumble across some obscure monstrosity, ordering this monstrousity. I can imagine myself eavesdropping on the order....

BRICF WORKER: "Welcome to Baskin Robbins, how can I scale down your life expectancy today?"

MONSTROSITY: "I want the Large Chocolate Oreo Shake. (agitatedly) Can you make that with skim milk please?"

EAVESDROPPING CUSTOMER (me): EC pays for that persons tasty frozen concoction and proceeds to pour it over their head.
"I'm sorry sir, I don't know what came over me. To make up for my outlandish behavior perhaps I could make amends by taking you to Wendy's? I will be more than happy to replace your lost caloric intake by paying for two triple Baconators. I'll pay extra special attention to be sure and order you a DIET Coke to wash it down. I'd also be willing to even throw in a BIGGIE size fry out of the kindness of my heart.

Getting ready for the Sony Open....

BLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment